The well-being of our patrons and staff is our priority. Filmgarde Cineplexes is closely monitoring the evolving situation to safeguard all our patrons, staff and visitors to our cinemas against the 2019 novel coronavirus.
Safe Practice For Moviegoers
- Scanning or SafeEntry to check-in and check-out;
- Compulsory to wear a mask at all times except when patrons are consuming food and beverages inside the cinema hall. After eating / drinking, patrons should put masks back on ;
- Patrons are encouraged to purchase movie tickets and concession items for contactless payment through our website, mobile app or kiosk;
- Maximum group size of 5 (family and / or friends) are allowed to book tickets to sit together and practice safe-distancing
Social Distancing Features
We have lifted our no-single-seat-gap policy and it is now mandatory to allow 1 meter (approximately 2 seats) of space between yourself and other cinema audiences with immediate effect for your well-being and ease of mind.
We also include floor markers in queuing areas to ensure patrons maintain a safe distance.
Enhanced Precautionary Measures
We will continue to enforce the appropriate measures so that all of Filmgarde Cineplexes remain a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone. Measures that have been implemented to date include:
- Installation of a professional grade air sanitizer in the common corridor of all our cinemas;
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitization in all common areas, washrooms, contact surfaces and countertops with alcohol-based sanitizer liquids;
- Submission of travel declaration by all our staff;
- Daily temperature taking for all our staff and agents;
- Provision of alcohol-based hand sanitizers at all our outlets for the public to use;
- Installation of Perspex Barrier at counters;
- Self-pickup counters for online or kiosk F&B purchase;
- Anti-microbial coating on all cinema surfaces, including cinema halls, seats, door handles, etc;
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch points eg service counters, toilets, ticketing machines etc.
In line with current advisory guidelines, we will continue managing access in our cinemas and all patrons will need to go through a quick-scan contactless temperature checking. Those who exhibit a temperature of 37.5◦c or more, or who show respiratory symptoms or appear visibly unwell, will not be allowed into our premises. Tickets will be refunded in such instances.
We seek your cooperation to adhere to updated government travel restriction advisory and stay-home notices, and visit us another time if:
- You have been in contact with any person who has been a confirmed case of the Covid-19 infection in the past 14 days';
- You have visited China, the Republic of Korea, Japan, Italy, ASEAN (except sea and land crossings to-from Malaysia), France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, the UK or Iran in the past 14 days;
- You are having fever or any flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose and sore throat.
For the comprehensive FAQs for Cinema Operators released by IMDA, please visit https://www.imda.gov.sg/news-and-events/Media-Room/Media-Releases/2020/Advisories-on-COVID-19-Situation.